Not that styling a button-up is rocket science…but there is an art to it. When Meagan of Living Boldly asked me if her shirt looked weird tucked in half way, I said “No no, leave it just like that.” There’s something about a half-tuck, that when done right, looks so effortless and cool. Styled with denim shorts and Converse…she looks on-trend without having tried all that hard. (At least that’s my impression 🙂 )
Since the half-tuck can either look deliberate and cool OR messy and confusing, here are a few instructions:
1) Start with your shirt completely untucked.
2) Ensure it’s unbuttoned with just a little bit of skin poking out above so that the fabric doesn’t get bunchy when tucking in.
3) Tuck the bottom flap of your shirt in on one side and follow the waistband of your jeans or skirt
4) Once you get to the side, tuck the extra fabric underneath and let it drape naturally.
5) Adjust…and you’ve nailed the half-tuck! Voila.
If you want some other tips and tricks for styling a button-up, this video by Hello Fashion Blog is great.
*head to toe: Lookbook Store top, Shein shorts, Converse shoes.
Shop the look //