*head to toe on Kimberly: TopShop coat, JCrew turtleneck, Zara boots and bag, Michael Kors watch, Balenciaga skirt.
Spring officially started but it sure doesn’t feel like it. The cherry blossoms are dying to come out and so are the faux leather miniskirts, blush-toned culottes, and bomber jackets. Our urge to dress for Spring when the weather isn’t quite there yet means we need to compromise. But how? I recommend this 5-piece outfit formula that Kimberly put together because it’s stylish AND checks off all the boxes for staying warm.
– Coat: Choose a wool longline version like this navy blue. It’s time to shed the parker but for the most part it’s still a bit too cold for those bomber jackets.
– Top: Opt for a turtleneck in a cashmere blend that will give you that extra layer of warmth your coat might be lacking.
– Skirt: Yes, you CAN wear skirts now! Choose a mid-calf version and go for a unique colour, texture, or fabric to inject some life into that Spring ensemble. I love this Balenciaga skirt. The silver doesn’t feel over-the-top when paired with a classic coat and top.
– Boots: Ankle boots are your best friend year-round. Since Spring is technically here, you’re probably getting excited about adding some colour to your closet. Blush is making a big comeback and can be a nice departure from your tried and true black.
– Bag: A crossbody bag will serve you well year-round as well. I love this one by Zara as it looks expensive but is totally affordable.
Coat (longline) + Turtleneck + Skirt (mid-calf) + Crossbody Bag + Ankle Boots